Hey beautiful friends!
We’re halfway through the week and it’s a perfect day to share with you about an incredible lady!
I first met this beautiful lady through a Boudie Call in my private business group on facebook and since then we’ve done 2 single boudoir sessions, a couple’s session, and a body casting. And that casting was a hilarious journey. She was such a good sport through all the troubleshooting and we laughed hysterically and had a great time!
After a year and a half of chronic pain, in 2019 Kanaye was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer. Since then she has powered through 53+ chemo treatments, 5 rounds of radiation, a collapsed lung, and lot of other complications. What a badass she is!
When asked, her overwhelming messages is that she wakes up every day with a smile because she has another day to live life to the fullest and not put things off until tomorrow. She has stated that while she can’t say she’s thankful for the cancer, she was grateful for a wake-up call.
Through the last 4 years of treatments and fighting, she has celebrated the birth of some grandchildren, gone on multiple family vacations with her 3 kids and 2 grandkids, and she even traveled to Hawaii on her own.
We are so thankful for this inspiring woman!
Below are some of her quotes about her sessions and working with Blush Intimate Photography!
About her favorite moments:
– “Just getting pampered with hair and make-up, and just vining!”
– “Getting to have the images was a favorite!”
– “The laughing was my favorite! I left with my face hurting from smiling.”
About her photographer:
– “I felt like this is something I need to do, and you’re a cool chick, who I need to do it for me!”
– “You’re just a class act, and your photos are just classy, not trashy.”
– “I think you’re probably a read-the-room type of person. Because you’re professional but not stuffy and I don’t think you’d ever cross the line where I felt uncomfortable. And you’re never offensive!”
About her fears with a session:
– “Being naked in front of someone new. Cause I’ve been married for 100 years!”
If you’d like to hear more, check out our Facebook group!